Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





23 March 2010

Blessings Abound...

and at every turn! The past couple of days have been just amazing. Let's start where I left off...

Saturday...Nichole, my daughter had to be across town to get on a bus @ 0630. She went to a 4H Project Achievement competition. She came in 2ND place in the category of Public Speaking! I am so proud of her. My boys went to Amity House to rake leaves for the families that are staying there for a mission project with their karate group. That was so great for them to do & I am so proud of them for working together for the Glory of God.

Sunday...was a wonderful day of worship all across the board. I enjoyed leading worship at Emanuel UMC and after service the family and I went to a going away lunch for my friend Greg and the mission team getting ready to go back down to Haiti. That was so nice to be able to spend time with friends that are following God's will for their life. Afterwards it was off to a great concert with VOTA, Stellar Kart & Barlow Girl. It was so great to be a part of the concert & introduce the bands with Bart and Jayme...I had a lot of fun! I had to leave before the concert was over, however. It was after 8:30 and the kids had school in the morning & we still needed to eat some dinner...so home we went & Mike had soup ready as soon as we got in. It was hard for Nichole to leave...she wanted to see the whole show. She whined a bit, but understood that we needed to go. That is a blessing in itself.

I have to tell you, yesterday was hard. Bart is on vacation so I'm covering full air shift...which means into the station by 0500 to be on air at 0600. I had to so much work to do that I didn't get done on Friday...but I did get it done. The show seemed to go OK, but it's never the same without Bart. Once I was done I headed home. I still have a septic tank to have fixed & I met with another septic co. yesterday. Still looking @ $3k for the repairs!

On the way home I received a phone call from a friend of mine who has a production company. He asked me if I'd be interested in voicing a commercial...of course I said yes! How exciting...I've been wanting to have the opportunity for some time now & I jumped at the chance. It was like recording a spot for the radio so that was nothing new...but it was fun, nonetheless! Afterwards it was MOM time!!! Homework abound and paperwork to get through before going to the...wait for it...Middle School! My oldest is going to be in middle school this upcoming school year! The middle school is larger than either one of the high schools I attended! It was a very surreal moment for me...and I don't have a lot of surreal moments.

So that's been it for the past couple of days...amazing fun and it looks like I am about to begin a new chapter in life.


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment