Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





23 May 2010

Winding down...

the whirlwind! It's been nonstop this past week! Our server for the station was down for a couple of days so that made it fun to plan out the show & know what was going on, but it's up and running now. Sorry to all of you that listen online.

So let's recap all the fun from Thursday til Saturday...because there was a lot, but I will only hit the high notes (and a couple of low notes)with some pictures too!

Nichole, my oldest, is graduating 5th grade...Wednesday is the last day of school. So Thursday all the 5th graders that signed up went to Atlanta for a 2 day field trip. We left at 6am & the kids were just buzzing with excitement...







...once we got to Atlanta we went to the Circulium. That was neat. We weren't able to take pictures because the oil painting is 200 years old and light causes damage to it, so all I can tell you is if you get a chance to go...GO! The one in Atlanta depicts the Civil War battles leading up to the capture of Atlanta. After we listened to the story we walked through the museum before lunch...










once we were finished we went to Turner Field to watch the Atlanta Braves play against the Reds.







Now here's the thing...I've never been to a MLB game before...so this story is so crazy that if it hadn't happen to me, I would not believe it! So we are there at the game and we are kind of watching it, but mostly just enjoying the day in the warm sun. It's the bottom of the 9th and the Braves are down by 4. The bases are loaded with no outs...so all of the sudden - EVERYONE is watching the game...1 out & the next batter is up. All of the sudden I am finding myself rooting for the Braves! If I wasn't there - I wouldn't have known it to be true, but the next batter hits the ball...it starts to go...and it's going...going...the Reds player tries to catch the ball, but NO!!! The ball goes over the fence...HOME RUN - GRAND SLAM HOME RUN & THE BRAVES WIN BY 1!







Crazy...I'll never be able to go to another game again...that one ruined it for me. Honestly how often does that happen? It was so cool!!

So after we finished watching the best ball game we headed over to the hotel to get ready for dinner at Medieval Times. That was real neat & the kids really enjoyed that. Nichole took her banner that she had to root for the Yellow Knight & had all the actors sign it. The food was good, but I did have one questions for them...why oh why can't you serve real Sweet Tea & why Pepsi...in the land of Coke? Yes...I'm serious...it was instant tea - in ATLANTA & Pepsi...home of Coca Cola...come on now!! Well outside of that, it was real good.







DAY 2 comprised of many stops. The first was The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial & museum. There is so much history there, that I'm hoping to go back & take all the kids. I don't feel that we spent enough time there.










When we were done there we went to the World of Coca Cola & the GA Aquarium. They are right next to each other so it was a 2 for 1 stop. I loved the World of Coke & I enjoyed tasting all the different Coke products. The one that I did not try was the "Beverly"...hahahaha...I heard about that one & I was not going to try it. My favorite was one that is distributed in England, but I can't remember the name of it.







Like I said...the GA Aquarium was adjoined with The World of Coke, so we went over there and enjoyed seeing the different marine life. My favorite display was the Beluga Whales. They are just beautiful.












As we wrapped up our 5th grade field trip we had lunch & then toured the State Capitol Building. Again, a first for me as well as most of the students. It was awesome & very surreal. I enjoyed looking at all the huge oil paintings & busts of those who served our country and state.







I very much enjoyed the field trip & I loved that I did this with my daughter...what a great way to spend time with one another & to have a cherished memory together! I hope she looks back upon this time with as much love as I do.







~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment