Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





20 January 2011

Much to do about...

nothing seems to be my current state of affairs. Yesterday as I was running all over town I realized one thing(it hit me like a ton of bricks) I seem to always be waiting. Even in the midst of running errands, I came to the understanding that even when I was done I'd still be waiting before the conclusion. This is what I mean.

I had to go get poster board for my son's project. I picked up the wrong type so I have to go back and get the right stuff. So he is waiting on me to finish his project for school. I went to the hospital (finally) to get Nichole's medical records from her accident. I should have done that 3 weeks ago. Now I have found out that I still have to fax over a sheet to be filled out before I send all the paperwork to the insurance company. Then I'll be waiting on them to respond. It's all doing just to wait. Funny.

So in response to this...the Holy Spirit directed me to the understanding that we are to wait...we are always waiting. And what are we suppose to do while waiting. We are suppose to watch for His return and we are to be Praising God while we wait. Whether we are waiting for an answer, a resolution, an end to a situation or the start of something new in our life...we are always waiting. Waiting, I do believe, is a good thing. It brings about an understanding that it is all in God's timing and not our own.

There are many scripture references about waiting. One of my favorites is James 5:7, "Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains."

So with this new found insight (or reminder) I will wait upon the Lord to provide for me what it is that He has in store for me.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment