Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





08 June 2011

Ezekiel 3

It has taken me 2 days to read through Ezekiel 3. I'm still not sure if I really understand everything that I read. I love how Ezekiel sits in glory for 7 days. What a glimpse of eternity!

I'm not so sure about the scroll...why did God have Ezekiel eat the scroll, as in devour? Is this a metaphor? Does that mean that Ezekiel was to read it until it was memorized, or does this mean that he literally ate the scroll, the Words of God?


Now, as God is giving instruction to Ezekiel on what he is to do and what God is going to allow and what He is going to need to be done, I wonder what Ezekiel was thinking. To know that I am thickheaded and stubborn has always seemed to be a bad thing until I read this passage. Ezekiel is "hard headed" and God uses this as an attribute, not as a hindrance. But again, God tells Ezekiel that His people's hard head is part of the problem. I take this to mean that it's not how God created you, but how you use it.

So here we are...with marching orders. Eat my words, use what you got (what I gave you), and now go sit and wait. As I look at the meat of chapter 3, I see God's character being revealed. Isn't this God's M.O.? I have seen this instruction time and again; with Abram and Sarah, with Moses, with Israel and Joseph. Again we see His character revealed this way with David, and with Joseph, Mary, Zechariah and Elizabeth.

God is God. His word says that He is the God of yesterday, today and forever (Revelation 1:8 & Hebrews 13:7-9). Knowing this to be true, then do we really expect God to be any different today?


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment