Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





08 August 2011

Ready or not...

it's time to get back to the school routines. It has been a good but strange summer break. The first part of the summer was so smokey that you could not enjoy the outdoors so much and then their was 2 weeks of storms followed by triple digit temperatures that left you wanting nothing but air conditioning.



I have to say that the kids had an enjoyable "stay-cation" this year. They have been to Wild Adventures several times over the summer (thanks to some really cool grandparents) and they played a lot of Wii.



So today is middle school open house. I'm excited for my daughter. She's going to be in 7th grade this year. I think that this is going to be a good year for her. She has adjusted to middle school nicely (far cry from her mother) and she has even decided to try for tennis (if they have a team this year). Tennis. I never saw that one coming. She is also going to go back to dance. She has decided on ballet and I am hoping that she enjoys it like she did when she was 7. I'm very proud of my daughter. I don't think I could have asked for more.

Tomorrow is elementary open house. This year the boys are in 3rd and 5th grade. So this is the last year for my older son. I know that he is excited. I am too, but at the same time, I'm a little sad. I have been at the elementary school for 9 years! WOW! I have 3 more years including this one, but I can see it quickly coming to an end. I love our elementary school. I love the teachers, the staff, the administrators. They are such a great team. So this year the boys have decided the following...the youngest wants to do "nothing" this year. I don't think that will last. If nothing else I want him involved with one group. I do believe I may have to make him. I know it's important to be involved with life and I don't want him to miss out on opportunities. My older son has decided on K-Kids (Kiwana Kids) and Basketball. I may get him involved with the science club this year. He is very good.


If they stick with just these few activities and focus on what they love, I think that this year will be calmer than last year. Only time will tell.


As for me, well I have enjoyed simplifying my life a little more. I am beginning to teach clarinet from home. I have decided to focus on working with home school students. That is the only "new" thing on my schedule, however, it's 2 hours a day, 4 days a week, and it is before my children get home from school. With the way my work schedule is now, I am able to have meetings early, and then be home to teach. God is so good to allow me to do this, and I am humbled.

So that's about it...for now.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment