Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





20 September 2011

Prepardness Pt. 2

Last week I began discussing what it means to "Be Prepared" and what is it that we are really preparing ourselves for. I had to prepare for this next segment because I was not sure which way to take you. So do we discuss the Who, When, Where, Why, or What. As you see I am going back to basics with the 5 "W's" of journalism. I think over the next 5 posts we should hit on each one of the W's. That means we are looking at the "Who" (and I don't mean the band!). Who actually prepares and who are we preparing ourselves for? These are two very important questions to ask ourselves. If we do not truly believe that others take the time prepare, then why should we, ourselves prepare. As I looked at this I really began to wonder about this and I came up with only one answer. EVERYONE actually prepares. Think about it. When you get up in the morning, what is the first thing you do? Get up, go in and get cleaned up, brush your teeth, make your bed (sometimes), get ready (prepared) for the day. Your daily routine is your way of getting prepared for your day that is full of preparation. As I listed those few (but important) elements to your day, I left one very important element out. Do you know what that is? Your prayer life! Not only must you prepare for your day with the physical routine of the everyday, but you must prepare yourself spiritually...EVERYDAY! So we have answered the first question, Who gets prepared. Now to answer the second questions, how do YOU get prepared. You already know how to prepare yourself the physical day, do you know how to prepare yourself for your spiritual (your mental and your emotional) day?
Ephesians 6: 10-21 shows us how to do just that! "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, 19 and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. 21 But that you also may know about my circumstances, how I am doing, Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, will make everything known to you.
So the answer is two-fold. When you pray, you are preparing time with God and you are preparing yourself against your enemy, Satan, who comes to destroy you. My prayer is that this will either remind you to get prepared or that is will be the beginning of teaching you how to become prepared on a daily basis and WHO it is you are preparing yourself for. ~Peace & Blessings~ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment