Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





18 January 2012

Middle of the week...



and I feel like it should be Friday! My time feels like it has been put in the DVD machine and was put on FFWD! Sometimes I wonder if I schedule too much of my time to allow for me to enjoy it. I have to admit that I have tried to go without a schedule, and things fell through the cracks very quickly. My schedule is not a safety net, I have determined. Instead it is my lifeline to maintain balance in a very unbalanced world. I have to also admit that I love love love when there's a cancellation in my schedule, because then I have unexpected free time to take care of a task that has been put on the back burner, or time to just go and spend time with just me.

One goal that I have this year is to schedule more downtime so I can spend my time doing things with my family. Of course that means that there must be a plan in place and that means I have to...you guessed it...schedule time for it, and save save save. A family that lives on what they make must be diligent in saving money for the emergencies and for the fun things. My husband made an uncanny revelation the other day. He said that he can tell me what he is doing 6 out of 7 day of his week, give or take 10 minutes. That tells me that we have fallen into a routine that has become mundane. I hope at the end of this year, he won't be able to say this same statement!

With all that being said, I really find it hard to believe that January is already close to an end and in less than 3 weeks I will be on my way to Orlando with my daughter and her entire chorus class for a convention. I hope that we can mix a little fun between the singing and the classes. The closer it gets, the more I am looking forward to the chaos of a school trip. I just hope that at the end of this year that I have accomplished a couple of new things. 1) Closure 2) Adventure 3) Spiritual Growth in the area of peace. I suppose you could say that these are my New Year's Resolutions, but in truth I would say that these are just my quarterly goals. I have many more that lie ahead.



I'll finish with this. My daughter just asked me what it is that I'm blogging about. I told her, time. She proceeds to ask me why it is that I'm blogging about time if I'm always saying that time goes so fast. I simply answered her by saying so when I look back on this post, I will remember this moment in time and smile. That is a comforting thought. Enjoy your life, enjoy your time and enjoy your family.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

1 comment:

  1. So true! Live every moment to the fullest because you dont know what the next one holds. I needed to be reminded of that today. You are such a blessing!
    God Bless!
    Jennifer Odom

    ReplyDelete