Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





19 June 2012

Practicing what I...



confess and speak. Yes indeed. 5 days ago I wrote about being thankful for what could be deemed a "defining moment" out of a bad experience. On Father's Day my husband came home to our water (septic) lines backing up into the house (again!!)



Now of course our first reaction was to throw down some towels and call the plumber. We did that and the answer was what we suspected...the septic tank is full (again). Now mind you I just had it pumped out 3 months ago. With all the rain that we have had (like 9 inches in 11 days) our yard is not absorbing the water fast enough. So now we have a "situation".



Of course it would be easy to look at the negative, like no extra cash for the fix, or we do not have full use of our home, but I am choosing to look at this as more of an adventure that God is wanting to take me and my family on. I know that He will provide for our need. I am just waiting now to hear what that need is. Yesterday I called the county for the permit, and now I'm waiting for the inspector to come out to do a perk test, then I can call the septic people for bids.

Can I tell you that yes I'm scared? I don't know where the money is going to come from. Can I tell you that I'm frustrated? In my mind (and my own little world) I thought this would be the month that we could put some money into savings to start saving up for these types of fixes. Can I tell you that I'm worried? We are in no position to borrow money, and to be honest with you I don't want to borrow money. We are a "pay as you go" kind of family. No credit card debt and no loans out (besides the mortgage).



Despite my "Job" like feelings, I am trusting in God. Despite the feeling of fear, I am believing in the goodness that is going to come out of faith. I am reminded that I have been through worse and have not just survived but thrived, and that all glory goes to God so that others may see Him through my life.

So there it is...I'm having to practice what I speak.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment