Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





05 March 2013

Baptism and Bullets

This week has started off with a "BANG"!

Saturday morning the kids and I walked for our local Care Net Crisis Pregnancy Center to help raise money for this loving caring ministry with the Karate 4 Christ ministry.

We had a great time walking the two miles with smiling faces even though it was windy and freezing out. After we were done we all met up at Grandy's (a local restaurant) for some food and fellowship. We really enjoyed our Saturday, spending time with friends, and spending the rest of the day shopping and hanging out as a family.

Sunday morning started as a normal, exciting day. Lil'Man, my youngest, was baptized! What great and happy occasion it was. We had our family and friends with us to witness his baptism and he was all smiles! After we got home and the kids were outside playing...



my older son came into the house to let us know that "something" hit Dad's car and broke the back window. At first we thought he may have done this on accident, as this has happened before", but the look on his face was different. The tone of his voice was different. We immediately got up to investigate. It was obvious that the "something" was going very fast and was very small because of the way the glass was shattered. I call 9-1-1 and have the police come out to make a report.

I have to tell you that we have the greatest police in our community! After some time talking and getting the report going, we found out that he is an avid listener to 90.7FM WAY Radio, and he said that it was so nice to meet me...even though the circumstances were less than good. Although we can't "determine" for certain that it was a bullet hole, that is what it seems to be. WOW! A stray bullet? In the neighborhood? WOW! Makes me want to just love and hug my kids forever. I am so thankful for God's protection on my children.

So the week most certainly started off with a "BANG", but I resolved not to let this derail me. I am trusting God and what He has called me to do, and what we are doing as a family. Of course I should expect that things are going to happen to either tempt me or test me. I was mad. VERY mad that this could even happen. Scared? You bet! But I am not going to live in fear. I say again...I will live in FAITH!

That's were we are right now. Living in Faith. On Thursday my daughter will celebrate her 14th birthday with friends in Disney, my boys are going to enjoy some "man" time, and on Saturday we are going to enjoy a cookout with our neighbors and celebrate all the good that God has given. I can't wait to share with you what happens when we go to Disney, and to share with you all the GOOD that God is doing in our lives.

Remember that even in the midst of madness there is mercy.
Even in the midst of pain there is peace.
And in the midst of ciaos there is the cross.
Don't look at the negative, wait for the full picture to develop.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment