Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





24 June 2013

Birthdays, Babies, Blessings

Yesterday was my birthday! It use to be the one time of year that was "all about me". It's not so much anymore, but it's nice to get those "Happy Birthday"'s even from random people, when they actually ask you, "How are you doing?" :-)

I was asked many times as to what I wanted for my birthday, and really, for the first time, there wasn't anything that I could ask for. My husband, Mike, took me Sunday before my birthday and let me get the next installment of my tattoo work! That was a nice gift (that was unexpected).




My daughter wanted to get me a gift and she surprised me with one. She knows how much I love pirates so she got me this ring...





...sad thing happened to that ring (already), it came apart. So now I need to find someone who can solder it back together for me.

So on my birthday, my actual birthday, I was up in North Carolina, visiting my best friend, Tina, and her family. She had just given birth to twins that Wednesday and I was so excited to just get up there and visit with her, and of course play with those precious babies.
































An added gift was to see her sister, Teresa, as well, and to meet her daughter. I haven't seen her in almost 20 years. It was nice to catch up and spend time with her.























Another "SURPRISE" was that my Bestie's husband, Chris,  went out (when he didn't have to) and bought me a "birthday pie". Yup...I said it...PIE! I really wanted pie last year for my pseudo - surprise party, but we were living in the hotel at that time and as my daughter reminded me, she couldn't bake me a pie. It was a chocolate pie, and he even bought 4 candles (I assume it was one for each decade *Wink Wink*).

As I was driving up to NC I also learned that one of my dearest friends, Etta, had just returned from serving time in Afghanistan! That made my whole day! So as we were coming back from seeing Tina & Chris I met up with Etta and her family for dinner in Savannah before heading back home. 



The best gifts, I have learned, are not gifts at all, but creating memories with the people that you love and care about.

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment