Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





10 December 2009

I have not been...

able to blog for the past couple of days. It sure seems like time has just flown by. There's been a lot of activity in our house over the past couple of days. My children have all bought presents from the school's Christmas store. I even gave them an "advance" on their allowances. I explained to them the dangers of borrowing money and that they need to spend wisely. I also expressed to each of them that I do not want a gift this year from them, instead I want them to think about giving a gift as a family, to either adopt a child through missions, or to support a mission family. That would be the greatest gift they could give me.

The more I think about my life, the more I realize that I am so blessed with an over abundance of just "stuff". Part of my goal for 2010 is to minimize the things that are in the my life, the stuff is really just not that important to me. I want to fix the septic, replace the carpet w/ different flooring so the kids allergies will minimize and really just save up for important things like college education.

The cars are paid for, the credit cards are now gone, so now it's just the mortgage and utilities. I am so glad for that. I just want to keep it as simple as possible and just live with what we have right now, not what we are "going to be getting". That is the mentality that has really gotten this country in a lot of trouble.

Today...has been a sol om day so far. Very grey and makes me want to snuggle in the bed and watch a good movie, but I know that is not going to happen. I have BNI today and my accountability meeting. Tonight I will be back at the Millhouse. The past 2 nights have been real good. I know that I only have 6 weeks left to work there so I am trying to make the best of it. I am using the tips for piano lessons, paint classes and the Atlanta Trip, but I do believe that things will continue to be ok once I am not there anymore. They are going to have to be, I need to be home for my children.

So that's it for the time being. Hoping to learn how to utilize this blog better, but I really am not sure how yet. I'll get it though. So until next time...

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment