Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





11 June 2010

A mini break...

was definatly the right thing to do! I know that I have been busy running around all over the place lately, but it has been for everyone buy me & I was really ready to just take a couple of days to catch up with my "other mother" - Martha. I've known Martha since I was 14 and my dad was stationed at Whitman AFB, Knob Noster, MO.

The drive was really quick - as quick as 5 hours can go in a car. The kids did a real good job with keeping the noise down and not fussing. Once we got here we enjoyed brief hello's and got right into pictures. It has been a few years & the kids have grown & changed so much. Pizza was on the menu tonight...the kids loved it and now that I am settled into the evening & wanted to just reflect on today just a bit. Everytime I get with Martha I am just amazed by her wisdom and I learn from her and glean wisdom from her each time we are together.

Martha Hale is just an inspiration to me. To hear stories of her past and to hear of all the places that she has lived I can't help but be inspired to keep going and to keep fighting for what is right and to follow my heart to help each person I meet, no matter the situation or circumstance & to keep fighting for social change without being political.

Lowell, my pastor from MO, is also a man full of wisdom and one whom I have always enjoyed being around. Nichole is so excited to talk to Lowell and learn more about the time that he marched with Martin Luther King, Jr. How great a feeling I have that my daughter is so interested in (to what is to me) current history.

The kids had a chance this evening to catch fireflies or lighting bugs if you prefer. They sure did have fun with that...I hope they let the bugs go when they were done. They sure do seem to love being here just as much as I do. Right now Nichole is learning how to make jewlery with Martha while the boys are settleing in and watching TV before bed.

Tomorrow we are planning to head out to downtown Atlanta with the kids and take them to the King Center & to learn more of Atlanta's rich history. I am sure that I will be excited about all I learn by the end of the day.

As for me...I am so relaxed here. I have always found the Hale home a safe haven and I once again am home away from home.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment