Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





08 August 2010

It feels like day...

one for me. I woke up with a renewed sense of self. Last night I fell asleep in prayer & I'm not sure where I left off in my prayers, but I know that I woke up feeling refreshed and sure of my next step.

Since my last day of working part time at The Millhouse I have found a calling coming from God that I was not expecting. It was like He was waiting for me to be finished with the assignment that he'd given me there to begin my next assignment. I started Karate yesterday with the Blythe Island's Karate for Christ. I am going to be memorizing scripture, learning how to defend myself spiritually and physically. I believe this to be very important & I am excited about not only doing this for myself, but with my children and for Christ. To teach others that you can have Him live fully in yourself while taking care of yourself. We must learn balance and karate is a good way to find balance.

The first 2 scriptures to learn is John 3:16 & James 1:12. John 3:16 is written on my heart...I think I say it in my sleep sometimes. James 1:12 I am still learning. Here it is...and it's worth learning and remembering.

James 1:12(New International Version)

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.


My eyes have been open to another reality that is hidden in this world. People really are looking for hope. I was watching TV with the kids last night - a show we like to watch together on Disney. One of there promo's is about helping the planet, giving hope to the next generation. Well isn't Christ the only real hope that any of us have? I know that I had no hope before truly giving myself 100% over to God through Christ Jesus. I know that I was only pretending to know what was going on around me and to be very honest I always felt like I was "missing" something. I know I'm not the only one that feels or has felt that way.

So with that realization, the question now is imposed, what am I going to do make a difference? Better yet, I believe that the question is, God, now that you have open my eyes, how are you going to use me to help others know you?

All I have ever really wanted is to love God the best way I can and for Him to show himself through me ~ even when I was walking in the biggest darkest valley of my life, I still yearned for Him to find me and to keep me. He has done just that, now I just have to listen.

So day one...again. But what a great way to look at life.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment