Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





05 August 2010

A week's worth...

of catching up. I will do my best to be brief, but since this is my journal as well I want to make sure that I don't leave anything out...

So as I said last week, God has really been working on my heart these past few weeks. I have been praying for change, yet I have been resisting at the same time. Sound familiar? Yeah, I do that quite often. I'm only human. But I have been making the changes that He is asking of me.

I knew that the time had come for me to put my 2 weeks notice in at my part time job at the Brunswick Millhouse, so I did that & yesterday was my last day. This time when I said I was quitting I meant it & I am at peace. Last time I was going to quit, I did not have peace about it and kept a shift & then over the summer worked 3 nights a week. I knew that God had a purpose for me working there & I knew that I was not going to be done there until He said so. And now He has & this is why...

I met Lisa. Lisa has lost a child & she is one of my chapters in the book that God has called me to write. I am scared to death about writing a book, but I can't fight God anymore...He is intent on me doing this, I have no peace when I set the project on the back burner. I'm also scared to death about this book, because I am not sure how to proceed, but I know He does so I walk with faith. When I met Lisa, it was about a year ago and this past Friday is when she came to my house & shared her story with me. I saw her 2 weeks ago & I said, that's it, you have to do this chapter before you leave & she did. Now I have peace with leaving Millhouse. I guess that is a round about way of sharing my small part of the story & how God has been working on that part of my life.

So that is only 1 part. Now I am living on the promise that God will provide for me and my family financially without me working a part time job. I am dedicating my time in improving what I do for the station. I know that what I do for the station is "part time", but I love it so much that I really can't see myself doing anything else that is not related to the station or the ministry. I have been asking God to help me focus on what He wants me to do in my life for Him & He keeps pointing me back to where I am. So when the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks I am really looking forward to sitting at my desk for the first couple of days and reorganize my efforts & my thoughts.

The 3rd area that I have been asking God to work on in my life is my family and marriage. I have been on a long and bumpy road as far as relationships go, and right now I can see where I need to work...on me. I have to thank my friend Gail for giving me the book "Every Woman's Battle" to read. It has really opened my eyes on my relationship with Mike. I know the kind of woman and wife I would like to be, and I pray that God will help me get there.

I know that I have given a lot to chew on. I know that when I look back on this blog I will be amazed at where God has taken me from this point.


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Wow...God's really working you over right now! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete