Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





11 January 2011

Does the weather...

really effect how you feel? I often wonder. It's a very cold, cloudy, drizzly day outside & as much as I love being at work, I wish I were at home snuggled up in the bed with my kids (they have today & tomorrow off from school). The nice thing is that I have a short day at work - because with having one car, I have to get home so my husband can go to work. So I will get to put on some pj's maybe some fun music, bake cookies & hang w/ my babies for the rest of the day.

It is my day to go to the gym. I won't be doing that until around 8pm tonight, but that is ok with me. I will go...Mike & I have made an agreement...we go every other day. Not easy, but a commitment is a commitment. That reminds me a lot of marriage...

I know that is a leap, but think about it. Marriage is a commitment to the one you marry. No one said that marriage was easy, but it a life long "I Do". Why do so many give up when they hit a bump in the road? For that matter, why do so many "Christians" give up on God when they hit a bump in the road? There is so much to learn about marriage and of faith when it comes to the hard facts of life. I know that many MANY people want to have an "easy life" with "no problems", but the truth of the matter is...life is full of problems. There is a complication every day...EVERY DAY!

God is at work on me & I do believe that it will make me a better person in the end, but right now it's not easy. To realize my short comings, my faults & know that HE will use them and HE will be strong in my weakness is a scary place to be. It's not easy...of course nothing is & when you make a commitment then you must follow through. I love the saying, "If He brings you to it, He'll get you through it.", so that is my battle cry. I have been very convicted on 2 fronts and I know that is what I'm going to be working on for 2011. My physical condition and my marriage condition. Both are commitments & both are worth it.

I know this started out with the weather, but really...even when I feel cold and dead, I know that God is at work...just like the winter...we cannot have spring (life) without winter (death). Thanks for reading & please leave any comments.


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment