Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





17 March 2011

When you ask...

Jesus to use you, be ready! I knew when I completely surrendered my life to Christ that it would be a challenge and not easy. (Romans 7:25)

Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[a] a slave to the law of sin.

I honestly thought that I had no comfort zone, but it seems that every time I get "comfortable", God changes the direction in which I am going or He intercedes personally by allowing me to encounter a life that is going through a struggle, and it "interferes" with "my life". So I have come to the understanding I will never be comfortable, and I am becoming OK with that. I have also come to realize that if I am in a state of being comfortable, then I am not growing spiritually. (Psalm 119:2)

Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart

Last night during Bible study as we were going over the passage in Ephesians 4, I came to a deeper understanding of why we are gifted. The Word says, that He gifts us so that we can equip the saints, God's people. We are not to use the Gifts that He has given according to His Will and abuse them for selfish reasons, but to use them to help those in need, those who are seeking God, and to lift up those who are called the Children of God. (Ephesians 4: 11-13)

So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

I have so much to learn. The most important is to continue to be less of me so that more of Jesus comes through. It is a daily struggle and when I am put under the fire, so to speak, I want to run and say NOPE! Not me! It doesn't work that way because I freely gave my life up to serve, and that means to go where He leads, and do His Will even when I don't want to. It is a daily struggle, but one that is worth it all. (John 3:30)

He must become greater; I must become less

I hope that you are encouraged today, but if not, if you are discouraged, know that you are not alone & that you will get through this uncomfortable moment. Christ Jesus will work out what it is that you are going through, if you allow Him to do so and He will work out for His Glory & His Purpose. (Romans 8:28)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment