Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





03 May 2011

Current Events...

of yesterday left me almost speechless. I had to really digest all the news about Osama Bin Laden. For a decade his name alone had brought terror, fear, anger, and rage to many. For others the name meant freedom, change, radical thought and possibility. For me...it has been an ongoing part of life. I remember being in Okinawa when the Gulf War first began. I was 18 when the air strikes began. My dearest friends, Marines, were sent to "The Desert". My dad was also sent to "The Desert". That was and is the military way of life.

So my forethought has always been what is going on in the Middle East, only my thoughts are not of oil, or terrorism. My thoughts have always been on those that are fighting a fight that, seems at times, uncertain. I have often wondered why we meddle in foreign affairs, but again...that is what we do, so I pray for our military that are on foreign soil.

When September 11th happened...I remember where I was, what I was doing and I really could not believe my eyes. Hence the hunt for the past ten years. Like I said, this is nothing new to me, but my heart was torn out and stepped on when the towers fell.

Fast forward to yesterday...the boys had a capture or kill order, and kill they did. It is never easy to take a life...as a matter of fact, it is life changing, no matter who you are or how it is done. Again, my heart broke, but for a different reason this time. My heart broke because, according to God's Word, not only was a life lost, but so was a soul, to live apart from God. This is what truly breaks my heart. When the towers fell, my heart cried out for those civilians, who were not part of the war, as their lives were cut short. I remember praying for them and their families. So much pain and loss...and anger. To many it seemed easy for the "terrorist" to kill so many, but I wonder (often) what was going through their minds before the act was carried out.

I know that there was much rejoicing and celebrating about the death of Bin Laden, but I also know that all life is precious, all life is a gift by God. I know that the enemy comes upon us and there are physical and spiritual battles; however I was reminded of this

Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice.
Proverbs 24:17.

I did not blog yesterday on the events, as I said, I was really unsure of how I felt about the events. My concern now...what will happen next? I'm sure many people are wondering the same thing. I take comfort in knowing that God is in control and that He is ever present & the God of Today is the God of Yesterday and Tomorrow. He is I AM, and I take comfort in knowing that.

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
1THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

2He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.(A)

3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.

4Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.

6Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.


My final thought...pray. Pray for our troops, for those who desire war and death. Pray for our leaders and for those who are stuck in a situation that they have no control over...pray that they will come to know the True and Living God.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment