Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





04 May 2011

I know that...

Mother's Day is right around the corner, but I just want to say how much I love my Dad! For many many years, my dad was lost. Lost in his sin, lost in this world, and it was not always easy to talk with him and sometimes I really did not like him. To be honest those feelings have long since been gone. I remember the day that my mom called to tell me that my dad was going to church. I also remember the day that she called to tell me that my dad had accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior!

My sister, husband and I went to church the day my dad was baptized and I remember crying for joy as I watched my dad become a new man in Christ! Now let's fast forward to last week...yup last week. My dad was asked to preach this past Sunday. It was a very surreal moment for me when he was in my living room telling me what his sermon was going to be on and I could see in his eyes how excited and yet uncertain he was. I can't think of a time when I was so proud to be his daughter!
What's even cooler is that he shared part of his sermon was on. He was preaching on John 16: 12-15 and it was titled "Can You Hear Me Now?". Now what my dad used during his sermon was a fun, not really practical, but fun illustration of Senior Text Lingo. I liked it so much that I'm posting it here for you.

Now I'm sure that I could have just posted the txt part, but I wanted to share where my dad has come from and where God is taking him. It's so exciting to watch God work!


Here's the List: Seniors Texting Code:

ATD..At the Doctors, BFF..Best Friend Fell, BTW..Bring The Wheelchair, BYOT..Bring Your Own Teeth, FWIW..Forgot Where I Was, GGPBL..Gotta Go Pacemaker Battery Low, GHA..Got Heartburn, IMHO..Is My Hearing-Aid On, LMDO..Laughing My Dentures Out, OMMR..Oh My Massage Recliner, ROFLAGCGU..Rolling On Floor And Can’t Get Up, TTYL..Talk To You Louder, OLGG..Oxygen Low Gotta Go.


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment