Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





20 May 2011

"Click"...A week in review...

since I was so terrible at really posting any blogs this week. I have to say I think that this week really went in a blur from one day to the next and that I really have not had time to stop to think through all of the moments that made up my days.

Last weekend Mike and I stowed away to Charleston for a quick get away. The boys stayed with one friend and the girl stayed with another friend. Charleston was, as always, a wonderful stay. We stopped in and ate at Hominy Grill. The food was just delicious! Mike bought the cookbook for our trip souvenir.


We were able to see Mike's sister while on our quick trip! His sister, B, lives in Arizona, but was training in Charleston. The timing could not have been more perfect! We had a very nice (and rather "fancy") dinner at a French Restaurant down on King's Street and we had an enjoyable time.


Sunday we had "Home Church" with some friends. I have never been apart of a home church before. It was nice. The study was in depth and I learned a few things...as I should every time I'm in the Word of God. It seems that there is still more to learn from the book of Ephesians.

As for the rest of this week...well it rushed by in a hurry! The girl had choir practice a couple of times this week, and head colds have been abound in the house. I'm fighting a major sinus block right now. This is day 2 of cold medicine. YUCK! They always make me feel so loopy! OK, so it has otherwise been a "normal" work week. You know filled with Doomsday Prophecy and joyous kids getting ready to celebrate another school year gone. As for me...I left wondering...where is the time going...

As I was laying in the bed yesterday afternoon (remember I told you...medicine), the movie "Click" came on. So I watched it. I realize, as I'm watching this movie, that it really hits home, not just for me, but for thousands! What are we chasing? Why are we chasing whatever it is we are chasing? I do believe that is a question that all of us must ask ourselves time and again.

So "fast forward" to today. AAhhh...today...Friday...the automatic "pick me up" of the week. AS for me...I'm still on medicine and wishing upon wishing that I was sick enough to stay in the bed, all the while knowing that I'm not. Work went well (I think) and thankfully I was able to push off my appointments until Monday, but one date I had to keep. That was the date with my first born son. We had set a "Date Night" 2 weeks ago, and I was not going to disappoint my son. Especially after watching that movie, Click, TWICE!! I think maybe God is trying to tell me something here...


...I had already missed my youngest son's "Field Day" and my older son's "Field Day" and I have had to miss several school activities this year. Does this make me a bad mom? I don't think so, but it does make me "pause" for a moment to make me prioritize what is important. So I have made arrangements to take next Friday off from work to be with my family as it is their "Last Day of School" and we have all the last day of school stuff to do. So with that, I'm happy.

So there it is...my crazy life wrapped up for the week. All the happy, sad, angry, fearful, a-ha moments all tied up in this blog...well not really, but hey...don't we all really just want the highlights?

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment