Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





06 June 2011

In the Presence of God

I have made a decision to read one of the books of the prophets. I am starting with Ezekiel. Now I must be truly honest here and tell you that I have never read any of the books of the prophets. I have read a verse or a part of a chapter, but never before with intention of understanding have I intentionally tried to read a prophetic book from the Bible.

As I have begun with Ezekiel 1 I was taken back by the detail description of the Four Figures. I would be in as much awe as Ezekiel was if not more if I were to see such a vision! I am still trying to wrap my mind around all the details. Four figures, multiple wings, lightning, fire, many faces...as I was reading this my mind went to a scene in Harry Potter.




Ezekiel 2 was surprisingly short. This is where the Figures speak to Ezekiel. This is where Ezekiel receives his marching orders. This makes me wonder...if God were to come to me in such a way, first of all...would I recognize Him as who He is and second of all would I be able to follow through on the instructions that were given me?

And that gives me my thought to ponder for the day. We have already been given our marching orders...The Great Commission. Jesus tells his disciples (that includes you and me)in Matthew 28: 16-20...

But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Am I being obedient? Was Ezekiel? Please don't tell me the end of the story...I'm looking forward to seeing how Ezekiel responds to God. How will you respond to God?

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment