Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





01 June 2011

New Month...

and trying to have a new attitude! I have to say that I'm so thankful that last week is over and in the past, however...


it was not nearly as overwhelming as I was anticipating. I guess you could say that this is a lesson learned. Anxiety is a tricky feeling and I prefer to not let it get the better of me. I was reminded about half way through last Thursday of this Bible Verse...

MATTHEW 11:28-30, “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

I remember that after I had posted my last blog that I had to intentionally give my fear and anxiety to the Lord. I have to tell you though that this is much easier said than done, but I do remember having a quiet peace after I turned it all over and said, "OK...this is all on YOU, Jesus. I can't do this day without you." And I have to say that the day went much better than I could have hoped for. I was on time for everything & we really enjoyed the end of school celebrations!

I again was reminded of another passage in the Bible...

Philippians 4:10-14, "But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Nevertheless, you have done well to share with me in my affliction."

I believe that many people are very familiar with verse 14, but I want us to focus on the previous verses... I have learned to be CONTENT in whatever circumstances I am. These words are like air to me. Knowing that I can be and need to be content in HIM and not worry about what is going on around me.

Over the weekend I did really enjoy spending time with my family. We really had a blast! Karate on Saturday was good. Thomas was baptized on Sunday and Nichole was part of Youth Sunday Service.


It was such a spirit led morning!


Afterward we hung treated the kids to lunch out & then back to the church for wet fun. Later Sunday evening we went to my MIL's church for 5th Sunday sing. Dinner was good and the music was worshipful. I even got "called out" to lead a song. It was all great fun.

Monday we picked blueberries and had a cookout together with both sets of Grandparents and swam in the pool. Oh Yeah...and the boys both got haircuts!! What a wonderful time of rest.



So beginning yesterday my "Life" schedule has changed...I am now up at 0500 and to work by 0530. Upside, I'm home by 0915 so I can get the kids where they need to be for summer activities and to keep myself on track I have 2 designated days a week for meetings. This new "Life" schedule is all of God's doing, none of mine because I would not have been able to orchestrate all the details that have fallen into place.

I suppose the moral of my story is this...Let Go and Let God!

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment