Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





27 June 2011

What happens in Vegas...Part 1

What a great trip to Las Vegas, NV. Now I am going to preface this by saying that I am not a gambler and I do not enjoy super huge crowds of people. I came to Vegas to see friends from Okinawa, Japan that I have not seen in 20 years! Now a reunion may be “normal” for most people, but if you are a DoDDS student or military brat that is not the case.


I remember when I graduated high school I really thought that I’d never see any of my classmates again. Oh, it wouldn’t be from lack of trying, but the truth of the matter is, technology was land line phones, TTY, and phone cards…unless you wanted to write a letter. So I really thought that I would never see the majority of my classmates and friends again. I graduated in 1990 and I don’t even think the internet was known to the world. I know for a fact there were no cell phones (unless you count those HUGE satalite phones that people carried around to “look cool”).



Thanks to the internet, facebook, and email, many of us “Okibrats” have not only gotten back in touch, but have even seen each other again! Now there are some who live in the Far East, others on the West Coast, Mid West, North East and, like me, the South. What is so great about us is one thing…time is not a factor when we get together. We just pick up where we left off. It does not matter who’s married, divorce, has lots of money, or has no money…we are Oki Brats and that is all that matters. So that is why I have gone to Las Vegas, and I am so glad that I did! It is a trip that I will not soon forget, and time was not a factor. We hung out, we listened to loud over the top music, we ate, we drank, we shared stories and asked about those that have lost touch.


So this is the start of Vegas. My husband, Mike, and I were there for 5 days, so there is much to share, too much for just one post, so sit back and enjoy what few ever do…reliving life with those who live life.


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment