Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





05 September 2011

Labor Day

is upon us. Really? This year has really gone by fast and I just wonder if I'm really doing all that I am called to do. There is a nagging feeling in the pit of my soul that keeps saying that there is more to life than what I am living. I know there is more and then when I read blogs about people that are making real changes in their lives, and I wonder what holds me back.

Just like anyone and everyone else...I am full of excuses. Let's be real for just a moment. We do what we want to do far more often than we should. I am just as guilty as the next person. I know what I should do, and yet, as the Apostle Paul says, I do what I know I ought not to do. It takes real discipline to be a disciple of Christ and it takes real discipline to live life according to God. I am afraid that I have failed miserably and I would love to turn it around and be that person who gets it all together. I'm not sure if I will, but I'd like to try.

I know that you are suppose to make "resolutions" either at the beginning of the year or maybe the 1st of the month, but I am breaking from tradition. It's Monday. It's Labor Day. Why not make a fresh start today? I know what my heart's cry is, so I am going to (once again)start taking steps in the direction of being more of a disciple of Christ, and to be more healthy. I am inspired by those who completely change their lives for the better and that have a support team rooting them on. Will you be my support team? Will you pray for me, encourage me and hold me accountable as I work on the next steps of doing the right thing vs. the Jen thing?



~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment