Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





29 March 2012

What's your job?

That is such a pointed question, isn't it? Fact of the matter is many people, when you ask them, stutter to give you an answer. So what is your job? Are you a cashier, server, banker, CEO, president, janitor? Can I tell you that none of these titles qualify your job! These are only descriptions of what you do, not who you are or what your job is.


There are 5 different definitions for the word job...

1. a piece of work, especially a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price
2. a post of employment; full-time or part-time position
3. anything a person is expected or obliged to do; duty; responsibility
4. an affair, matter, occurrence, or state of affairs
5. the material, project, assignment, etc., being worked upon

My definition of job more relates to #3.



My job? Easy...to be the best person I can be when you meet me and to show (to the best of my ability)this dying world who Jesus Christ is, with Love (not hate), and to be sincere when I see and ask, "How are you?", and that I have the time to listen to how you are, not just the polite "I'm good". I am a people person. My job is to help you with your day, however God needs me to do that. Now, I'm not perfect at this...just ask my husband. Sometimes we get short tempered, drained, tired and we don't give our best to our family, because we have given our best throughout the rest of the day to everyone else. So it's my "job" to renew myself so I can be 100% to my family.

Renew...I love this word! It's one of my favorites. You may be asking yourself, "How do I renew?". I have found that sometimes renew means falling asleep on the couch, or just putting on a pair of headphones and listening to your favorite music. Maybe it's a relaxing shower or gardening. Can I tell you, all these are good, but they are temporary. They will not renew you like you need to be renewed. To be renewed (the way that is fulfilling) is to turn to God. Spend those moments in prayer or in His Word. The Bible is refreshing, nourishing and renewing.



Exodus 33:14, The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

Deuteronomy 12:10, "But you will cross the Jordan and settle in the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, and he will give you rest from all your enemies around you so that you will live in safety."

Matthew 11:28, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."



So no matter your station in life, it is your job to encourage each other, love one another, lift each other up in times of need, and to be Jesus to the least of these.


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment