Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





28 March 2012

The "Honey-Do" List...


We all have one. Well I know that I have one. Actually I have one for me, one for my kids and one for my husband. There are just some things that he does better or I just don't like to do so he does them. I believe this all goes back to being a "help mate" to each other. We each have strengths and weaknesses. It's great to have a husband that balances me out.

As we are talking about the "Honey-Do" list on the show this morning I said that I have my list all typed out and on a spread sheet. Bart asked, "Really?". I showed him and he began to laugh. Yes...that is one of the "conditions" of my OCD. I feel like I can breathe once I have a list and a plan of action. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

It did however get me to thinking, what is it that my husband wants to get done? I have never asked him, I just made him a list. I believe I could be a better help mate to my husband if I were to ask him what he'd like to get done rather than me telling him what I want done. So here I am again, reminded that my way is not always (if ever) the best or right way.

My prayer is that I be a wife that honors my husband so that he will be honored. Proverbs 31:23, Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. This is my prayer today.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment