Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





28 May 2012

Remembering...

what Memorial Day is really about is very important to me. I grew up in the military. I have friends who have fought in Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Panama, Iraq, Pakistan, and other places that they could not say. I have friends who have lost friends during their time of battle. I have lost friends with little said other than, they are coming home to rest.



My father's father fought in World War II, My father-in-law fought in Vietnam, My father served in Desert Storm, and my husband served in Desert Storm. It is because of their sacrifice that we have the freedoms that we have today. The freedom of worship, the freedom of perusing happiness, and even the freedom of debt.



I don't normally "rant" in a blog, but I have to say that I am a bit frustrated this morning with all the "sales" campaigns that I have seen on the internet and have heard on the television. This is not just another "holiday"! Today is the day that we are to stop and thank those who have fought for our freedoms, and remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for those freedoms. So all I am asking from you today is to to remember.




~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment