Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





25 May 2012

Staying the course...

is always easier said than done, but it is what I strive for. First and foremost, Happy Memorial Day. This is a special day for me as I remember my friends that have served our country (and yes, some have lost their lives) and who are still serving.




 It has been a fast paced 2 weeks as we finished up the school year. So here's a recap of all the fun craziness that has been going on!

Of course there was the Atlanta Field Trip that my son and husband went on for the 5th grade field trip, which included a stop at Turner Field to watch a Braves game.



Then there were the performances...oh and yeah...they all sang songs from the 80's! When did that begin to happen?! My daughter's school performed the Awesome 80's and she had to dress up in the "80's" style. I tried to tell her the style was jeans and a rock t-shirt, but she went for the Olivia Newton-John look. My 5th grade son had his final performance as a graduation type theme (with 80's music), and at least he was able to dress in jeans and a black t-shirt for his song ;-)











Then there was the annual event known as Field Day. The weather was perfect...not too hot and just enough breeze to keep the sand gnats at bay. All the kids seemed to really enjoy their field day activities. My daughter took home 1st place for the 3 legged race, and she was so happy to win a medal, and I loved standing on the sidelines yelling and cheering her on!




 We have had our 2nd to last performance this past Sunday. My daughter played the part of "Chef Fancy Filet". She looked the part and had a lot of fun with the play. I'm so thankful to have been a part of the play too and watch all the kids learn the songs and the movements for the songs. It is a real undertaking, but so worth it in the end. I will (in some ways) miss not being a part of the play these next couple of years, but it's time to bow down for now.


 
And so it was...the last days of school finishing off with 5th Grade graduation! The boy will  be in middle school next year. I'm so proud of him. He finished the school year on the A/B honor roll and he will begin middle school in accelerated math, which is a select group of students who excel at math (and he does!)




 My youngest, what can I tell you. This year he blossomed in school! He exceeded in 3 of 5 CRCT categories; Math, Science, and ELA. I'm so proud of him and now he will begin 4th grade. **SIGH**

 

That will be 2 in middle and 1 left in elementary. Where has the time gone? My prayer is that I am raising them up to be God fearing, people loving individuals that have a moral compass to have compassion for all those around them while living life to its fullest.


~Peace & Blessings~
 Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment