Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





13 June 2012

Wonder in the Storm

It seems that every time I turn around there is something else going on. I wonder how it is that life can get so complicated so fast, and then I realized....it's because I'm letting the situation at hand take over the moment instead of allowing it to flow into what God has already planned.

 Jeremiah 29:11-13, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."


As a mom, I have make sure that my children are where they are suppose to be, when they are suppose to be there. I do my best to plan the meals, and clean up after the kids clean up, but every now and again I'm stopped dead in my tracks because of illness or an unexpected storm arises. I have come to realize that when I'm blindsided I have a choice to make (and quick), do I get upset and panic or do I bend and flow with the moment and see God?

Isaiah 41:10: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

This past week, my dear friend has been in the hospital with her baby. Her whole life has been put on a detour road, and as I'm watching her Facebook messages and her texts I see a woman strong in faith. I know she is scared and her heart is filled with uncertainty, but her words are praises and glory to God!

Job 4:5-7, "But now it has come to you, and you are impatient; it touches you, and you are dismayed. Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the integrity of your ways your hope?"


I have gone through my own storm this week. Both of my boys have gone to camp. This is the first time that my youngest has gone so far from me. I have to admit...it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I know that he is doing fine (because I have not received a phone call), but I am anticipating Thursday evening when they are home.

 John 14:16-17 ,"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

While the boys have been gone, my daughter is battling a staph infection. It began one week ago today. Praise God we caught it early! She has had to overcome her fear of needles and repeat doctor appointments. Throughout it all, she and I keep sharing the blessings (the positive) of it all; the wound healed up on itself and did not leak at all on Thursday or Friday during dance recital, the dance itself made the infection come to a head so we were able to remove most of the infection on Saturday. With all of the bad, it was nice to find the good.

Deuteronomy 31:6, Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”


Now, not only have we been going through these spiritual storms, we have also been going through some very severe weather storms too. Every day since May 30th we have had rain. Praise God, we are no longer in a drought. We have had limbs down, fences busted and trash blown all around, but we have all been safe. The storms have also been beautiful. I love them. To hear the rain come down and to see the lightening show, to hear the roar of the thunder...to me this is a beautiful sound. I am once again reminded that God has complete control and even though I don't understand it, I enjoy it.

 Psalm 107:25, "For he commanded and raised the stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea."

My last thought for today comes from a sermon I heard on Sunday. Pastor Carl shared this, "Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you respond". I love this reminder of it's not what happens but how you respond. Let's respond with Praise and Thanks.

Psalm 100:4, "Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!"




~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment