Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





11 February 2013

I feel like a....

slacker. I know deep down I'm not, but last week with a migraine, it put me out of commission. It's amazing to me how something so small can bring you down so fast, but as I think about that statement, I know it's true. It's the small things that bring us out of relationship too. The song "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns is coming to mind as I write this.

< link to the video: http://vimeo.com/7474108 >

All this month, at work (90.7FM WAY Radio) we are focusing on praying for our spouses. We are asking our listeners to pray for their spouses, their future spouses, and their friends/families spouses. <www.wayradio.org/907> And as you know God never does anything in a small way, so don't you know that our focus as a church is our marital relationships, and how to make them better.



So as I have been praying and reflecting on my marriage, I see how much I have needed this. I take for granted my relationship with my husband, to the point of not regarding it as highly as I should. I have noticed that we tend to disregard the familiar, the usual with ease and many times begin to chase the unfamiliar or even the dangerous. Complacency is not my friend, or yours for that matter! We must guard our hearts, our families, and our marriages like our military guard our freedoms!


My goal is to make the familiar, exciting and make the usual, extraordinary. This is my prayer for my marriage. What's yours?

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment