Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





11 October 2015

Hindsight

It has been said that "Hindsight is 20/20". There are times that I think that hindsight should be blind. It is all too easy to look back on prior decisions and beat yourself up for the choices that you made and in turn this hinders you from making better choices in you immediate present and potential future. So how can we become blind to our hindsight?

I have been giving this much thought over the past few days and I have come up with a list that has helped me, and I hope will help you.

1. It's never too late to do what you have always wanted to do.

-I didn't finish college. I have wanted to go back for many years, but there was always a reason (really an excuse) for not going back. I made the decision to enroll and will begin with as many classes as I can this semester. Is it scary? If I am to be honest, yes, but I know this is what I want to do, need to do. I cannot let my past failure of not finishing take hold of my future anymore.

2. Forgiveness is for everyone.

-I'm not sure how to expand on this very simple truth. To harbor ill feelings towards someone causes so much turmoil. To ask for forgiveness and to forgive others who have hurt you will free you to move on in your life with a feeling of freedom that you otherwise will have missed.

3. It's okay if you stumble.

-When trying to change a habit, you will fail. Does this mean that you quit? NO! Dust yourself off and try again. Habit comes from the word habitual. So it will take time to change. Don't look back on your past self and think that you cannot change, because you can.

4. You can reflect back on your past, but you can't live in it.

-The number one reason people are afraid to change is because they live in their past. I did this for far too many years. So stop living in your past and focus on living in your present. Change can and will happen, one step at a time once you decide to stop looking in the rearview mirror and focus on the road ahead of you.

I hope you will be encouraged today. I hope you will fight for yourself. I hope that this little tidbit of insight will help.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment