Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





02 January 2016

New Year, New Resolution

Here it is, 2016. Another year filled with uncertainty, joy, sadness, anger, frustration, hope and love down in the record books. I have been pondering and thinking about what it means to make resolutions and what I should do about them for this new year. I believe the best thing to do is to truly look at what it is that should change, not what I "want" to change, but rather what NEEDS to be changed.

1. Work first and foremost on my relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes...I am a wayward Christian. I know this. I'm thankful that I am in a ministry that allows me to minster daily and grow, but if I were to be honest (as we all should be) I fall short...daily. As the Bible says in Romans 1:16,

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."
2. Work on my relationship with my family. My husband, my daughter, and my sons are, after all, the ones who know me best and love me regardless. It's so easy to be selfish and want to put my wants before theirs. I don't just want to be in their lives, I want to be PRESENT in their lives. As the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3;


"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."
3. Work on finishing what I have started. That may sound easy, but as I was looking around the house and making my lists of things to finish up, I realized that I had a LOT of unfinished projects. Some include: Framing pictures, organizing shelves for collectibles, finishing my first book to send out to publishers. I do believe the reason why...I  tend to get overwhelmed when I think of all the things that have to get down and shut down. I have to give all these things over to God and seek His priorities, and I must continue on. As the Bible says in  Acts 20:24,
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me —the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."

So there it is, my resolutions for 2016.


  
~Peace & Blessings~ Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment