Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





30 November 2009

I don't usually have Mondays...

...but today was definitely a Monday! To start...I knew that I was covering for Mandy's show today so that was not a big surprise. I had a last minute reschedule for a meeting so that freed up a bit of time. I wanted to have some egg nog coffee since watching Iron Chef America last night, but they did not have any at Joe Muggs Coffee, so I settled for a Pumpkin Latte instead. It was real good...and I enjoyed some quiet "me" time (for the record that happens only every so often).

I did manage to get a bit of my "never gonna happen" book started today while I was sipping on my coffee and I managed to get some of the BNI work done that needed to get done today. OK...BNI...that is Business Networking International. I love to network & I love people, so it's a great marriage for me and business. I am part of a new chapter that was started a few months ago and I am so glad that we are growing fast! Ok...sidetracked...sorry.

So my Monday continues as a path of missed phone calls and missed opportunities to meet up with some people that I really need to meet up with. So what was God trying to tell me today? I do know that I have been begging for some quiet time, with just me and God, and I do believe that he gave me that today. It was nice to slow down and just focus on the book and to catch up on some needed organization.

With that...one of my calls was to reschedule my estimate for my tile. I may get the tile in my bathrooms tiled next week...MAYBE...and I may even get the painting started, we'll see how that goes. I sometimes wonder why I am even doing all this home renovation stuff...outside of the fact that I need flooring in my house and the walls are so tore up w/ nail marks that I need a fresh coat of paint, but really I am content w/ my home...it's temporary.

Now my Monday continues with CHILD DRAMA!!!! My youngest is definitely ADHD and it is showing in his math tests. He should be at and 80% but he is only at 40%. Now I am not caring that he is not at 80 because he is improving each week, but I know that the teacher is a bit upset because it reflects on her class. I just tell him to do his best. We are doing what we can, naturally, to keep him focused, and I'm sure that it will get better.

To wrap up my never ending day...choir practice was a bust so to speak and I just finished up with the music for the month of December about 45 minutes age...what a day & tomorrow will be just as crazy, but I'll save that for tomorrow!

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment