Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





01 December 2009

Today ended a chapter...

of my life that I am glad is over. I know that may sound a bit strange, but let me start by taking you back a couple of years. My husband and I have had a business from home. This was great and it allowed me to be a stay at home mom with our children. The business had been doing well during the housing boom and all though we weren't "rolling in the dough" we were able to be comfortable. As you well know the housing industry has all but come to a complete halt and with that, so has the drafting business.

With God at the wheel and knowing what was to come, I have been blessed to go back to work in my field of radio. I work for a Christian station and even though it was slow to begin with as I was getting back into the swing of things, I enjoyed going back to work. At the time, we did not need me to work, but the children were all in school and I need to stay busy...it's in my nature. Over the course of the two years as I said, our business has slowed down to the point of almost no income. Praise God I am doing well enough working again, but we still lost an ample supply of income. With that and a few minor house blow ups...eg...the septic tank, and few deaths in the family and some medical bills...our savings all but disappeared. So we had two options, loose the house, which was not behind, or file for bankruptcy. We decided for bankruptcy.

Today was our last court date and the weight that has been lifted off of my shoulders is great! I don't recommend going through such an ordeal, but for us it was the best option. Now the question remains, what now? To that I have no real answer. Things are still a bit shaky and we have to readjust our budget and continue to scale back, but we are standing firm in knowing that God is in complete control. I have the greatest friends who have prayed for us, for me, and have encouraged us as we have gone through such a terrible spell. All of this reminds me of one saying that keeps playing again over and over in my mind...You can't know the mountain top without knowing the valley.

I am very encouraged right now. I have the best boss in my general manager and I have great co-workers who know what has been going on. I shared very little with others as to the fact that I much rather share the victory and not the struggle of battle. It is a battle. I am still in that battle. I know that I shall win, but on the dark days even I get a little unhinged.

So that was the big event of the day...everything else was fairly calm. I got to talk with a friend from Okinawa that I have not talked with in years and it was so good to just talk and catch up. One of my most favorite things to do is keep up with people that I have met in life and see how God is working in their lives.

So that is that and I hope that I sleep well tonight. I am still sitting at the book store, trying to work out my thoughts and praying that tomorrow will be a better day than today.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment