Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





08 December 2010

The day of rest...

is actually part of the 10 commandments so why do we tend to look at it as an option? The reason this is on my mind is well...first of all it's almost 10pm and I'm still overwhelmed with all the "things" I "have" to do. Do I really need to do them right now? No. And I know this, but there is some internal voice screaming at me that I won't have "enough time" to do these things tomorrow. Really? I am beginning to wonder if I really do try to do too much.

Then I look at all the time that I waste and abuse and the answer is no. No I don't have too much to do, I am just not using the time that God has given me wisely. So what to do, and how do I take my day of rest. and really is the day of rest just related to the one day?

One of the things that I try to do is not get on the computer on the weekends and I spend time with my family. Sunday is church...all day. Is it really rest though? Yes and no. It is rest because I am spending time reading the Word of God with other believers and I am worshiping God in a corporate setting. No because I find myself working in different ministries. So again I go back to Saturday. But what is rest according to the Word of God? To this I don't have an answer. I would like to find one though and I do believe that this is the next area that I am going to study.

I believe that we must learn how to rest, according to God. I don't think rest means watching TV all day or catching up on the laundry. I do believe that I will continue to address this issue of rest and what it means.

I know that what I would like to do for rest is sleep and have no agenda. Read the Bible and Pray without interruption. Being a mom with 3 young children at home, I don't see that as an option. And again what about rest during the day. We have 24 hours in a day. I know that I only sleep for about 6 of those hours and I work for about 6 hours...so what on earth am I doing with the remaining 12 hours!!! Being a taxi driver, a cook, a mentor and secretary, but am I using my time wisely? I'm not sure and I know...I KNOW that I am not spending enough time in the presence of God. I know that I could read more, pray more, praise more. Is that part of "rest"? I'm not sure. So I am pondering on this thought and as I do I am going to make RESTING my goal in 2011. Not to be lazy, but to rest that way God intends.

So what are your thoughts? What do you consider rest? I would love input on the topic, thanks.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment