Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





11 February 2011

Romans 1

As I read and reread Romans 1 I was taken back by the later part of the chapter. Before coming to really know Christ and actually trying to follow him, I always knew there was a right and a wrong. I usually did what I wanted, and not really cared about what happen, but I still knew, and I often have been asked, "How do you know what is right and what is wrong?", well now I know and I will always direct the question to Romans 1:20

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Now I have to say that the last part of the chapter is what has me all tied up in knots. Not because I don't agree with what is written, but because of the way "Christians" us this passage of scripture to pass their personal judgment and hate.
For me I want to show God's love, grace & forgiveness. John 3:16 says
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

WHOEVER...that means anyone who comes to Jesus and asks for forgiveness & I know that Jesus can change lives. I've seen it happen to many times to say otherwise or deny. I can't deny. So why do Christians deny "sinners" by judging instead of sharing. This is my own thoughts on this passage. God's word is clear, however, that we are all sinners and that all of us have to deal with many of the "sins" that are listed in the last part of Romans 1.

My prayer is to look only at myself and ask God to show me my faults and work only on my own faults & to have grace and mercy to give to others instead of looking for their faults. If you are at a place in your life where you know that "there's something out there", but you don't know what "it" is, may I encourage you to pick up a Bible and go to the New Testament and read Romans chapter 1.

Peace & Blessings
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment