Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





18 April 2012

Crunch Time...

is now over!! It has been a whirl wind of activity and deadlines. As you know, tax season is officially over. I am thankful that I finished that up in March.



We are now in full swing on the "man/pirate cave" update. The day before I (yes...me...solo ...with a little help from the kids) painted the room. Now for those of you who know me, know that  I do not like painting. With that being said, I now have a sense of accomplishment!


 Right now the kids are testing for the end of the year. They are all doing well in school and as a mom...I am so proud of my children. T-Man (as of right now) will begin his 6th grade year in accelerated math. The boy is math gifted! I am excited to see where God is leading him. Lil'Man is also doing well with math, and everything for him just clicked this year. As for the Girl, she is back into reading and right now is reading "The Hunger Games". She says I will enjoy it. I may just have to read the book...still out on the movie though...


So the kids and I are now Purple Belts.  It's hard to believe that we are here now. I remember when we were just starting out. Purple to me seemed like a lofty goal, yet here I am. I love taking karate with my children, it has been a great experience.







Mike has been enjoying some excitement too! Just last weekend he was a food judge for the kick for Darien's Blessing of the Fleet annual festival. I am so proud of my husband for following his passion for food and love seeing him light up when he shares his experience with the kids! I hope that he gets a chance to be a food judge again because he really enjoyed it! We have also been blessed with some work for our drafting business. So even in the midst of hectic weeks, things are looking up and we are being very optimistic about the rest of the year.



One of my greatest joys, though, is having dear friends from Okinawa live so close now! I love that every couple of weeks we are able to get together and create new memories while sharing some old ones!



So, like I said, crunch time is over (for now) and I am ready to relax and enjoy some summer fun with my family. We have trips and camps planned and we will most definitely be hitting the beach!

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment