Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





22 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

 Today is Thanksgiving. I really do have much to be thankful for. I have a roof over my head, that we are making a home after loosing our home this past June. My children are all doing well in school and have some real good friends that they get to hang out with. My husband and I both have good jobs and 2 cars that run. We have family that lives nearby and good friends that live down the road.



Yesterday as I was coming home I went past a church that was having a funeral. It made me wonder about the families inside and how they were going to be thankful today, on Thanksgiving. I asked my friend, Sally, who goes to that church, if she knew who passed away. She did, and told me who it was. I knew her, and I know her family. She was a woman of 95 years, who loved God, and had a good life. I knew at that moment that she was now in a better place, with no more sorrow or pain.

So much to be thankful for. Even through the season of loss, it is reassuring to know that God is good, and He alone makes even the darkest times have light. I am praying for my friend, Angie, this week as she lost her Daddy a couple of weeks ago. She has a heavy heart, and is trying to make everything OK. I pray for the families that laid down their mother, sister, aunt and friends today at the church down the street. I pray for the widows and the ones with silent pain that I will never know about that are crying on the inside tomorrow during Thanksgiving.

So enjoy your turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie with family and friends tomorrow. Let them know how much you love them and appreciate them. Laugh with the ones you love and remember those who are no longer with you with a smile in your heart.

~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment