Life

Each step of life is a journey that you choose to walk.

Each moment of life is another line, sentence, paragraph and chapter of the book called your life.

Enjoy all that life has to offer, good friends, good food, good coffee and as always wisdom and a good laugh.

~Jen





15 January 2013

Half way through January...


 which is so hard to believe. Time seems to go by so fast. For the past 15 days my family and I have been on a new journey, one of restoring our health. It has not been as hard as what I thought it might have been. For me, it's a journey that I hope to stay on for the rest of my life, but I have to remember to take it one day at a time. I think what has made the transition easier is that we are doing this as a family.

We have added more vegetables to our diet, and even though I have seen some improvement, it was not until my youngest son's teacher said to me that he has made major improvement in his study habits and in his attitude during school and asked me what we were doing differently. That was an eye opener for me. I knew that what we eat does make a difference in our attitudes, but to have someone who did not know that we were cutting out unnecessary sugars and fats out of our diet say that they have already noticed a difference was such a positive reinforcement of what we are doing!


And as far as Parker, our 4 year old dog, he has shown great improvements in his health too. He is on insulin 2 times a day (for now), but I told the vet today that we are making our own dog food for him, and for his sister (she's just over 1 years old). We have noticed more energy in him, and he seems to be more alert and overall, more happy. It's amazing to me the difference.


This is only the beginning, and I do plan on giving updates, to include inches lost, weight lost, and body fat loss. It is going to be a hard road ahead, but as I read today on a friends page, it's not easy, but it's worth it.


~Peace & Blessings~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment